Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ready!

This week I received permission from my doctor to exercise and get back to my normal daily living. Now it's time to get serious and back in shape, but also to realize that it didn't take a day for my body to get the way it is right now and it won't take a day to be as fit as I was before pregnancy. Baby steps is all I need to take this week. Next week I will challenge myself a little more and a little more on the week after that, until I reach my goal or decide that it's time to move on to a higher fitness level. If you are healthy your body will thank you for the challenge! A little advice from me to those who plan to get pregnant to have an easier recovery time is to get fit and stay fit prior and during your pregnancy, but don't try anything new while pregnant and make sure you listen to your body.With the proper rest, exercise and nutrition, it is amazing how much you will enjoy your pregnancy instead of being miserable all through out. I loved being pregnant even with the little discomforts that naturally come with pregnancy, such as fatigue. Today I  enjoyed my daily walk with my kids by letting my son ride his bike while I tried to keep up with him. We also played the Wii Fit and I incorporated Julie Tupler's tummy exercise to my day. A nice quiet time at the gym or in my porch to work out would be wonderful everyday, but that is not always possible so we have to make the best out of the busy days whether you work outside of the home or stays home with your kids. You will also find that these moments that you spend with your little ones to get down, dirty and active are priceless! Don't under estimate the amount of calories you can burn when you actively play with them!

Love, Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment