Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Let's Talk Abs

Ladies,

I am trying to educate myself more about this muscle separation called diastasis which happens to most of us during pregnancy. I believe that in order to fix something you have to know and understand how it got damaged in the first place. I will be honest, I have very recently acquired my personal training certification and still have a lot to learn. Also, I cannot recommend or diagnose anything that should be coming from a medical professional. As a trainer though, I want to get educated about diastasis as much as I can. Our bellies seem to be our main concern after we have a baby. We all want to get that flat stomach and look our best after carrying that baby belly for months and that is when many will come to me for help and advice. For that reason I want to be able to really help and not cause more damage. So please consult your doctor and ask about this before going out there and doing any exercise. As for me, I will continue to do more research and share what I learn. This does not mean  I will be sedentary and not workout, it just means that I will be more cautions when I do. Check out this interview with Julie Tupler RN, owner of Diastasis Rehab on the WebMD site (http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/lose-mummy-tummy) if you are interested in learning more. This simple information might be the answer to all your belly problems, but again before you take any step it is wise to consult your doctor.

Love, Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment