Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Simple Walks is Where We Start

I want make sure that we all understand how important it is to respect our bodies and listen to what it is communicating to us. If you ask me labor can be a little traumatic, we need to be respectful and allow ourselves to heal by resting and listening to your doctor's, nurse or midwife orders. Take advantage of the six weeks given to you to allow your body to recover. It's hard to do, trust me I know! With now two kids, a husband, a house full of chores, a dog and a fish to take care of while recovering I can completely relate! In my first week after having my daughter I felt the blues coming because of the simple thought of my husband going back to work and me having to deal with everything alone. I can honestly say that I cried and literally wanted my mommy... lol!! After that little episode I put my self together, prayed of course and decided to enjoy the Lord and this time off with my kids. If "everything" did not get done then at least I enjoyed my day and knew that there was always tomorrow for chores, they did not go anywhere! Rule #1: Don't hide inside all day like you have a disease!!! Yes, we are healing and recovering, not at all allowed to lift weighs or go back to working out right away, but we can walk. Not only can we walk, but it is recommendable.  So, that is what I have been doing, going for walks outside with my kids have been so therapeutic and we didn't have to go very far or very fast. Between the process of nursing and these wonderful walks I have been able to already see some results and a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to getting my body back. Don't be afraid to daily enjoy a little fresh air with your little ones, it's good for you and also for them. Even your older child, if you have one, will appreciate you for taking this time with him/her. I could easily place my little guy in front of the TV all day, but that sounded very depressing and boring for the both of us. Take advantage of the morning or late afternoon sun to avoid being outside during the non recommendable hours for sun exposure. That is my tip for the today and I hope you can get yourself to simply enjoy your day!

Love, Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment