Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Little Encouragement

Ladies,

Today I just want to give a little word of encouragement to you and even to myself.  Life is busy and I know it is not easy to keep up with everything in our lives plus ourselves. But, as I have said before, taking care of our health is part of taking care of our families, home, church life, friends and work. It has been four weeks of very hard work on my part and I am constantly hearing how great I look for just having a baby two months ago, but at the end of the day I get to look in the mirror to something that is not quite the pre baby me and that can be a little difficult to take in sometimes. Good genes is not enough (though it helps), if I was a couch potato eating whatever I wanted I would not look the way I do or feel the way I feel right now (which is pretty energetic even though  I don't get much sleep these days, lol!), guaranteed! You can most definitely have good genes and look like you never had a child and yet have no energy, be weak and  unhealthy. Skinny is not the goal!! When I had my son it was not so easy to get back in shape, I didn't really think I needed to worry about exercising that much since I was not overweight. I exercised here and there, but didn't push myself to do my best, until the day I had to rush up the stairs and got so out of breath that it scared me. I realized how much out of shape I was and that is why, this time with my daughter I have been so determined to take the time (even if it is 15 minutes) everyday to help myself reach my goal (which is to be back in shape and stay healthy, not just simply to loose weight). I want to run and keep up with my children without being out of breath .I want to teach them to be active and enjoy their childhood as I enjoyed mine without being so caught up on video games,television and foods that can drag you down. My goal here is not to superficially look good or to be consumed by food and exercise, but to be healthy and to be an example to my family and those around me. We all get discouraged at times, but that is no excuse to quit. I am telling all of you and myself today to keep going, don't get discouraged, no matter where you are right now. If you have been crazy with your diet or have not even started your exercise routine, it is NOT too late! It is never too late to pick yourself back up and keep pushing towards a healthier lifestyle. Don't wait until Monday, start today, start right now to walk that extra step or to make the right food choice. We are full of excuses why we don't do the things that we should because we don't like to do them or simply because it is hard. That is "stinking thinking" as my son's karate instructor would say! Another saying of his was "change your face" which is something we have adapted here at out home. He use to say that if you simply smile when you are sad or mad the outside would change the inside. It works like a charm with my son, all I have to say is "change your face" and because he thinks it's funny, he smiles and two seconds later he forgot what he was pouting about. So my friends, stop with the "sticking thinking" and "change your face (attitude)"!!!  If you are not happy with the way you look or the way you feel, then do something about it! Make changes and don't waste your time complaining! If you have been working hard as I have keep up the good work! The process may be slow sometimes, but your hard work is not in vain!! Let's keep going girls and remember that the food you consume (not just exercise) is crucial! Soon I will be posting some examples of my  mommy exercises I do at home on my own or with my kids for those of you who cannot make it to the gym or even have the time and some examples of the foods I enjoy.  So, be patient with me and keep checking up on my blog as I try to do this and keep up with everything else, lol!! Have a wonderful and blessed day!!

Love, Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment