Wednesday, March 13, 2013

To My Busy Mommies

Dear Mothers,

Let us first begin this by taking a deep breath and leaving the past behind. Your diet and exercise life from the past is over, let's start clean from here on. It is never too late to start over. One of my favorite sayings that I tell myself over and over is that every second is a chance for a new beginning. It is important to live day by day, but also to have a goal and to be determined to make a change. No giant steps, baby steps and a mind set to change is all we need.

Today's blog can be for anyone,  so why do I call all my mommies?  It is because I can relate to you. We give so much to our families and often put ourselves last. We want to please everybody,  therefore sacrificing ourselves and specially our bodies.

I just want to remind you though that if momma is not happy, no one is happy. When we are lacking energy and irritable we cannot be all that we want for our loved ones, so taking care of our health and our bodies is important for us to be all that we can be for them.

Ladies, take some time for yourself each day, even if it is only 15 minutes, take the time. Exercise,  eat right and drink plenty of water. Love your family by keeping momma happy!

These 15 minutes sometimes may be impossible to take alone and that's ok. Be creative,  specifically with your kids! Encourage them to eat healthy and to exercise,  but also teach them to encourage you. My four year old son and my 1 year old daughter had a blast with mommy in our kitchen last night. With dinner on it's way I thought to myself "it is now or never!". So I grabbed my sand bag and went to town, doing squats, push ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, etc... all with my son counting for me and saying "go mommy, you can do more" and my daughter cracking up (probably thinking,  "that's it, she is definitely a monkey"), lol!

Regardless of what they thought of me at the moment, we were together,  having fun and I was getting my workout done.

Mommies,  have fun, be happy! Your kids will notice and you can't go wrong with these wonderful memories!

Love, from one mommy to another! ♥♥♥


1 comment:

  1. I just wish I could have 10 seconds of your energy right now! Lol...
    Thanks for the post. I need to remind myself to take the 15 minutes to myself everyday.. It's been hard lately.

    ReplyDelete